Services for
Current Youth in Care

How we can help
If you are currently in care with the Department

You may be able to request a search for a birth relative with whom you no longer have contact. 

You might want to find: 

  • Siblings who were were in a different foster or adoptive home. 
  • siblings who were never in care.
  • another relative such as a grandparent, aunt or uncle.
  • someone who is not a relative but who was very important in the child's life. 

This is a free IDCFS service delivered by Midwest Adoption Center. To request service, please contact MAC at the address or phone number listed in the "contact us" section of this site. 

Multi-ethnic family members at home sharing a hug.  African descent single mother at right.  Adopted child center.

Frequently Asked Questions
The following are Frequently Asked Questions about service for current youth in care