Services for
Birth Family Members

How we can help
If your birth child/relative is under 21 years of age

You may want to know about the current well being of a child placed for adoption. Perhaps you received very little or no information about the family into which the child was placed and have not had any word of the child's well being since the time of the adoption. Or you may want to give medical or other family information that could have great importance to the child. 

For further information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions below and/or contact us to discuss your specific circumstances. 

Multi-ethnic family members at home sharing a hug.  African descent single mother at right.  Adopted child center.

Additional Information

If your sought after relative's adoption was not through the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services

Frequently Asked Questions
The following are Frequently Asked Questions about the DCFS Closed File Information and Search program.

This service is only available to adopted persons, those who were in foster care but never adopted, birth relatives and adoptive parents of minors connected to placement through DCFS. If you are an adopted person, adoptive parent or birth relative and the adoption was through a private adoption agency, doctor or attorney, please visit: